Interested in Free Insulation?
Manitoba Hydro’s Home Insulation Program offers rebates to homeowners who add insulation to their existing home.
Eligible homeowners may receive a portion of the insulation cost.
Find Out If You Qualify For Free Home Insulation:
How The Program Works
Step 1: Qualifying:
Contact Sundial Building Performance via this website to help us guide you smoothly through the process of investing in your home and increasing it’s insulation, comfort, and energy efficiency.
- Exterior Walls
To help facility a productive initial discussion with Sundial Building Performance, the following information would be useful (but not required)
- The square foot measurement of your home.
- The year your home was built.
- What type of heating your home has.
- The square foot measurement of the area to be insulated.
- The existing R-value of the area to be insulated.
Sundial Building Performance Will:
- Complete the required Home Insulation Program Rebate Application with you.
- Obtain pre-approval for your project.
- Contact you when your insulation project has been approved.
Manitoba Hydro may conduct a pre-installation verification before approval is issued.
1-888-MBHYDRO / 1-888-624-9376
Step 2: insulate
Once you have received pre-approval, we can begin your project.
Some of the details Sundial Building Performance will take care of during this time include:
- Obtain all required building permits. (This is not required for basic insulation upgrades.).
- Ensure that the work meets the requirements of the Manitoba Building Code, all applicable bylaws, and is acceptable to inspection authorities.
- Select the materials to complete your project, or supervise the work of your contractor.
- Provide a quality insulation upgrade, using approved materials.
- Provide professional customer service.
All installation and associated renovation work must be completed within 18 months of approval of your Home Insulation Program Rebate Application.
Step 3: get a rebate
Once Sundial Building Performance has completed your insulation project, we will submit your paperwork for a rebate.
You will need to submit:
- The original, two-page, signed Home Insulation Program Rebate Application and Calculation Schedule.
- All original receipts for insulation materials.
The form must be signed by a representative from Sundial Building Performance. The form must be sent to Manitoba Hydro within 30 days of finishing the installation.
It may take up to 8 weeks to process the grant. This grant can be received as a check or put directly on to the existing Manitoba Hydro bill.
Your home qualifies if:
- You are the homeowner and the home has an active Manitoba Hydro account.
- It is detached, semi-detached, or a mobile/modular home on a permanent foundation with a permanent water supply, and intended as a residence.
- It is your principal residence or your tenant’s principal residence.
Projects that are not eligible for this program:
- Homes built in 1999 or later.
- Homes under construction, unoccupied homes, apartment buildings, summer homes or cottages, attached garages, outbuildings, porches, verandas, or sunrooms.
- Projects already in progress or those that have been completed at the time we receive the project application.
- Projects to replace existing insulation.
Manitoba Hydro may visit and inspect your home at any time from the date of approval until 12 months after installation.
Pre-approval from Manitoba Hydro is required to be eligible for the rebate.
To determine if you qualify for the Manitoba Hydro Affordable Energy Program fill in the form below and one of our Field Managers will contact you within one business day.
You may find additional information by following this link: http://www.hydro.mb.ca/your_home/insulation/program/